Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sand and Surf

Sand and Surf, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6"
I just got back from a trip to South Carolina and coastal Georgia.  It was so wonderful to see all of the flowers and greenery and to take in the smells of spring. I also got a chance to visit my parents and sister who live in the South.

This painting is of one of the beaches on Jekyll Island, a barrier island off the coast of Georgia.  There are great stretches of white sand beach on the east side that come up against oyster flats and marshes on the west side. This beach is at that interface.

Note:  I am posting this painting on Daily Paintworks on April 24 but instead of a fixed asking price, I am trying out their E-Bay auction function with a starting bid of $75. Click on Daily Paintworks icon at left.