Thursday, August 28, 2014

Sailing at Sunset

Sailing at Sunset, Acrylic on Canvas, 18"x36", $1800
Summer's almost over - at least here in northern Vermont.  In another few weeks, all of the boats will be pulled out of the water and stored for winter.  The lake will be virtually empty of activity until duck hunting season.  This painting seems a fitting finale to a beautiful stretch of summer weather. 

Look for this painting and a bunch of others at the Skinny Pancake in Burlington, VT; they will be on exhibit there from Sept. 3 until Sept 30.  I have selected a bunch of mostly Vermont landscapes for the bar/dancing/ music end of the room and some of my palette knife still lives for the balcony area.  

Also in the month of September, I will be participating in Leslie Saeta's September 2014 30 paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  I will be posting every day during the challenge, so be sure to check in.  As of now, my theme for the month will be sunflowers - that may change if I run out of things to do with them.

To purchase this painting, please contact me at avreman@sover.net or call me at (802) 893-1467.  

No comments: