Thursday, December 1, 2016

January 2017 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Hot Rides, Collage/Acrylic on Watercolor Paper, 6.5"x6.5", $175
It's hard to believe that the end of 2016 is almost here already. I just signed up for the January 2017 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. The idea for the challenge was dreamed up by artist Leslie Saeta as a way to jump start the new year. I have been participating in the challenge (January and September) for several years now. For me, having to finish and post a new painting every day forces me to work a bit more quickly, think in series, and put a work aside after several hours rather than picking at it for a week or two. I don't want to do that for every painting (some work just needs more time and effort), but it is a good way to work out some new ideas or try out a new technique. I haven't come up with a theme yet - that's what December is for.

Note: The painting above is currently at the Bryan Gallery as part of their holiday small picture exhibition/sale called GEMS. You can call them at (802) 644-5100 or e-mail at info@bryangallery.org. My painting, "All the News...," (shown below) is also in the show.

All the News..., Collage/Acrylic on Watercolor Paper, 6.5"x6.5", $175

No comments: