|Day Lily #4, Acrylic on Paper, 7"x5", $100|
In Day Lily #4, above, I applied a cadmium orange underpainting and then used a palette knife to create the broken color of the lily. In Day Lily #1, below, I used a brilliant golden yellow underpainting, allowing it to show through for the golden throat of the blossom. I used a neutral gray background to really make the gold and burnt orange to pop. In Day Lily #2, below at bottom, I also used a golden yellow underpainting, but, rather than giving the lily a neutral background, I applied a variety of broken colors to give the impression of a dappled garden environment. Although all three of the paintings depict the same day lily, each one is completely different from the other two.
|Day Lily #1, Acrylic on Paper, 7"x5", $100|
|Day Lily #2, Acrylic on Paper, 7"x5", $100|