Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Two Pears and Some Strawberries

Two Pears and Strawberries, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $100
This is the third in my group of strawberry paintings.  In this one, I really had fun with the interplay of the three primary colors. I used lines to add a bit of playfulness. I like doing series because I find I get more creative in how I address the topic with each new painting - I work with the composition, adding, deleting, and moving elements, I play with the colors, and I experiment with paint application and technique.  One subject, distinctly different results.  The other two paintings in my strawberry mini-series are below.

Pear and Strawberries, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $100

 

Bowl of Strawberries, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $100
   To purchase one of these paintings, please go to my Daily Paintworks Gallery (icon at right).