|Orange on the Windowsill, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $195|
So as a warmup after a month away from my easel, I decided to redo the "Abstract Orange" painting I did during the challenge that I thought could be better.
I brightened up the window with light greens and yellows. Then I made some adjustments to the highlighted part of the orange. Finally, I strengthened the sill and background (on the left) colors to give the environment some solidity while toning down the competition between those colors and the orange. I like this painting a lot better now.
To purchase this painting, please click here (you will be transported to the "Small Works and Studies" page on my website.)