Thursday, January 30, 2014

Orange Abstraction

Orange Abstraction, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $195
Day 30 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  I made it! Although I did skip a few days (I ended up with 27 postings.)  I want to extend a great big thank you to all the people who looked at and commented on my paintings this month.  You really helped keep me going especially when I thought I had run out of things to paint. 

I had so much fun doing yesterday's orange that I decided to try another abstract/realism mix.  I went for the back lighting which gives it a surreal effect.  I also got a bit looser with the shadow under the orange.  Based on what I learned today, I plan to go back into yesterday's abstract pattern to make it work a little better.  After that, I think I'll paint something other than oranges for a bit, although they turned out to be a really good vehicle for some major experimentation. 

To purchase this painting, please click here (you will be transported to the 30 in 30 Challenge Paintings page on my website.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely and juicy, well done!