Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Work in Progress

Untitled (for now), Acrylic on Canvas, 16"x20", NFS
This painting isn't done yet so I didn't spend a lot of time getting the colors in the photo exactly right. But I wanted to share a new avenue of experimentation that I am exploring. I am enjoying the visual texture and abstraction of the patches of paint while still keeping a representational foundation.  I still have quite a bit of work to do on this painting - I haven't got the mood I envisioned just yet, and the composition still needs a bit more work - but I have some ideas on how to proceed.

Interestingly, I didn't always enjoy experimenting with new techniques and looks, primarily because I hate all the failures (still do).  But I am getting into trying things out just to see where they might lead.  Of course, that can result in a bunch of odds and ends, work wise.



No comments: