Saturday, February 3, 2018

Day 3 - Smiling Faces

All Smiles, Acrylic on Canvas, 10"x8", NFS

Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days - Day Three

It's still early in the month, but I have to say I am pretty excited about my results so far. Somehow starting with an abstract background and deliberately leaving rough passages in the paint seems to be helping me stay a bit looser and more lively with my paint. I still have a ways to go in the accuracy/likeness department, but I am definitely getting the feel that I am after. The photo for this one is me at a wine tasting in Maine about ten years ago.

Edited to Add:  For some reason, my paint brush subtracts about 15 to 20 years from the faces I paint. If I could bottle and sell this, I would be rich. I had the same problem last year - how to capture the aging process without adding every wrinkle and line.

1 comment:

Chris Lally said...

Love the painting. It looks like a very happy event! :}
And when you bottle that formula, Anna, I'll buy a case.