Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day 1 - Incognito

Incognito (after Harley Brown), Acrylic on Gessoed Mat Board, 10"x7"

Day 1 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

I found the source for this painting in an article by Harley Brown in an old International Artist magazine. He was kvetching about sunglasses and how they obscure the eyes so you can't see what the person is thinking, although he also admitted that you can get a really cool painting with sunglasses as the subject. This was one of his examples.

I painted almost all of this painting in black and white, adding just a few hints of cadmium red under the eyes and in the cheeks and letting the red lips really pop. This painting just flowed.

2 comments:

Katie Jeanne said...

Your painting caught my eye on Leslie's blog. I started working on an ongoing sunglasses/glasses series back in August, so thought I'd drop in and say hi. :) I really like your painting.

Sheila said...

Awesome :)