Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Day 24 - Tiles

Tiles, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10"

Day 24 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Today's painting is my rendition of the Daily Paintworks Tiles Challenge for this week. I chose to cross the pair crossed lines on the tile, and I painted all of the lines and dots black. I chose a four by four grid - we could choose any number of tiles. This challenge is a lot harder than it looks - there are thousands of ways to arrange the dots and lines, at which point you can make them different colors and sizes, add embellishments, and more. My version is really pretty simple - I am in awe of the folks that figured out how to blend their patterns from tile to tile all the while changing the colors and resultant shapes. Wow!

1 comment:

Chris Lally said...

Sounds like one of the more "challenging" challenges! Just love your result!