Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Radishes and Scallions - Spring is Coming


Radishes and Scallions, Charcoal on Paper, 24"x18"

Ready For Spring

Winter is long here in Vermont. The snow was finally gone on Sunday, but we got a new dump Monday night. I am ready for Spring. This is a drawing of radishes and green tail onions (scallions), two of the earliest vegies in the garden. I had hoped to plant the first seeds this week but I will now have to wait for the snow to go - maybe next week. As with the other drawings I have been posting, most of this is from memory. I am working with an idea, some simple shapes, and values.

As an aside, I picked my first daffodils a few days ago - that is really early here. Also, The buds on the maple trees are also starting to open. If you look really closely at a maple when it blooms, you will discover that those little bumps are actually red, green and yellow bells and are interesting and really attractive. And, the pussy willows are finally showing their silver-white fuzzy blooms. So Spring is definitely on the way and none too soon.

I hope you are all able to stay safe and healthy, and also get a little space and time to create and to experience Spring unfold.

No comments: