Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Apple - Red, White, and Blue

Apple - Red, White and Blue, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", $125
This was one of the first paintings I did during the last 30 Day Challenge (September). I was playing with the intersection between representational and abstract painting. I liked the overall effect I got (which I left), but didn't like the way the top of the apple turned out. I finally got around to fixing that and like it a whole lot more now. The colors I used are really hard to photograph well - the reds are a little less candy colored, and the blues a bit richer. Of course, every computer monitor is different, so there's that, too.

To purchase this painting, please click here. You will find yourself on the September 2015 30 Day Challenge page on my web site where you can make your purchase.

Note:  I am in the process of clearing out a lot of my old paintings that didn't find a home. I am putting them up for auction on Daily Paintworks, listing a few more each day through the end of the year - the bidding for most of them starts at $10. So if you need some one-of-a-kind gifts for the people on your list, please consider the gift of art and check out the wonderful options on Daily Paintworks (and on my web site.) 

No comments: