Monday, November 16, 2015

Autumn Reflections

Autumn Reflections, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", $125
This painting has had a number of tweaks to make it more pleasing to me. I thought the amount of white in the water was distracting so I toned that down. Also, the darks below the front clump of orange trees were too dark and solid. I like this painting much better now. The front trees come forward while the smaller trees recede and the reflections have about the right amount of choppiness. I like the final result.

To purchase this painting, please click here. You will be transported to my website where you can make your purchase.

Note:  I am in the process of clearing out a lot of my old paintings that didn't find a home. I am putting them up for auction on Daily Paintworks, listing a few more each day through the end of the year - the bidding for most of them starts at $10. So if you need some one-of-a-kind gifts for the people on your list, please consider the gift of art and check out the wonderful options on Daily Paintworks (and on my web site.)

No comments: