Monday, September 2, 2013

High Bush Cranberries - #2 in the 30 in 30 Challenge

High-Bush Cranberries, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $100
This is a painting of a branch of high bush cranberries.  The bushes are truly loaded this year - the cardinals and cedar waxwings are going to be ecstatic. The berries will stay on the bush well after the leaves fall giving a splash of scarlet to an otherwise gray landscape.

This is painting number two in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  The idea for the challenge belongs to Leslie Saeta.  Almost 300 artists have signed on to paint a painting a day for the month of September - including me.  Fortunately there are no penalties for failing to create a painting every single day - I expect to do my best, but I am not always the fastest painter on the block.


Note: To purchase, please go to my Daily Paintworks Gallery (icon at right.)  

No comments: