Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Shadow Side of the Barn - #3 in the 30 Day Challenge

Shadow Side of the Barn, Acrylic on Canvas, 11"x14", $600
This painting is of a cluster of barns sitting on a hill near here.  When I took my photos, the side shown in the painting was in deep shadow.  The sun was hitting just a few spots on the south-west sides of the buildings.  This photo is a little over-exposed; the reds and oranges aren't quite as saturated as they look above. (My husband usually does my photography, but since I am posting daily, I am doing some of the photos myself - with much poorer results.)

This is painting number 3 in the 30 in 30 Challenge.  It is also the fifth in my current series of barn paintings.

Note:  To purchase, please go to my Daily Paintworks Gallery (icon at right.)

No comments: