Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sunflower #16

Sunflower #16, Acrylic on Watercolor Paper, 13.5"x7", $150
Day 18 of the Thirty Day Challenge.  Progress is being made! Yesterday I felt like I was in the third day of a five-day workshop when you are so overwhelmed and frustrated that you sit there berating yourself for having spent all that money to attend when you were so obviously unqualified to be there.  Things looked a lot better this morning. I decided that I was attempting to do too many things at once and it was time to back up a little, take a deep breath, and take a fresh look at what was working and what was not.  I decided I really like what is happening with the sunset, so I took another shot at that.  I also like the idea of the tall sunflowers against the vibrant sky, so I kept that, too. I still need to do more work on the lines and how they are used.  All in all, this is a fun painting.  So I'm declaring victory and moving on.

To purchase this painting, please click here. You will be transported to my web site to make your purchase.  You can also find cards and prints and other paintings there.

No comments: