Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sunflower #3


Sunflower#3, Acrylic on Watercolor Paper, 10"x9", $100
Day three of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  I almost blew it yesterday.  I was working on a new sunflower painting and got myself hopelessly lost in the weeds.  I found myself carefully painting every single petal and sepal of my chosen flower - exactly what I do not want to do.  So I threw that painting in the trash and started over.  I want to explore the boundaries between abstraction and realism.  This is a much better effort in that direction.  I'm trying to find the essence of "Sunflower"; what is needed and what is not.  Once I figure that out, I can go to the next step.

To purchase this painting, please click here.  You will be transported to the September 2014 30 Day Challenge page on my website which is set up to do sales transactions.

No comments: