Friday, September 26, 2014

Sunflower #23

Sunflower #23, Acrylic on Watercolor Paper, 10"x9", NFS
Day 26 of the 30 Day Challenge.  This painting isn't as fresh as the last one but the composition is better. Maybe I can combine the two attributes in the next one. I'm enjoying the looseness of the look of this paintings even as I curse the unforgiving nature of the technique, although I have to admit to using some gesso to give me a little more flexibility.

I've been in crazy mode this week - contractors are coming to install some new windows early next week and since it is too late in the year to paint windows once they're installed, I have been doing them in the cellar. I'm sure you're familiar with the drill - tape, prime, paint the first coat, paint the second coat, remove tape, scrape paint off glass - very time consuming. Then I have to clear out the flower gardens under the windows to give the contractors access to some bare ground for their ladders. The result is great looking windows but no painting yesterday.

No comments: