Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sunflower #4

Sunflower #4, Acrylic on Watercolor Paper, 14.5"x7", $150
Day four of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  I'm still exploring ways to capture the beauty of the sunflowers in my garden.  In this painting, I used Julie Ford Oliver's fracturing technique.  I made good use of my squeegee and painting knives, creating a broken pattern of color all over before zeroing in on the flower itself.

To purchase this painting, please click here.  You will be transported to my website which is set up to handle sales.

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

You can imagine how delighted I was to find this on the thumbnail. It was glowing and I could not see it was fractured but could see wonderful colors, I also like the progression of the different techniques you have been exploring. The linear/calligraphy approach yesterday to the fractured today is so different in one way, but the mixing of the color in pattern is pretty similar. Good for you making this a stimulating challenge.
I will be back.

Anna Vreman said...

Thank you Julie.