Sunday, January 11, 2015

Barn #11


Barn #11, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", NFS
Day 11 of the 30 Day Challenge.  As I was driving home from an opening last fall, I passed this barn just as the last light of the day struck the front of main structure.  I stopped to take some photos to help me remember where the light areas were.  This painting doesn't quite capture how dark it already was save for those sunlit areas, but it's a pretty good study to use for another time. I used really soupy fluid acrylics on this one which explains the texture I got.  I wanted to see what that would look like - now I know.

This painting is not for sale, but I may have others that you would like. Click here to see the rest of this barn series or the rest of my web site.

1 comment:

Marty Shively said...

nice barn series - I especially enjoy the value contrasts in this one