Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Barn #6

Barn #6, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", $100
Day six of the 30 Day Challenge.  Today I started with the lines and worked from there. Some of the early lines got painted over as I went along and a few were put back in at the end.  I'm still trying to figure out how much line-work to use and when so this painting was a good exercise. As I go along, I'm finding that lines are hard to integrate well.  I feel like I still have a lot more work to do on that score.

This barn is down the street from where I live.  It's got missing and broken boards on the sides, many of the window panes are missing and the door is permanently ajar. It hasn't seen any paint in quite while. It is still used to store some hay, and it provides shelter for the heifers in the side yard. The milking barn and the main herd are on the other side of the river.

To purchase this painting, please click here.  You will find yourself on my web site which is set up to handle on-line sales.

No comments: