Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day 19 - Spinning

Spinning, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", NFS

Day 19 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

OK. This one had about a hundred potential titles including "Spinning Outward," "Circling the Drain," "Going in Circles," Spiraling Inward," and "Hurricane Anna." Actually the titles are more fun than the painting, but I wanted to try something different and I did that. I started out putting spirals and circles of different sizes and colors all over the board, overlapping them and letting the paint mix. It was fun but there was no coherence. So I started working on creating a focal point while retaining the mic of colors and textures. I think that worked fairly well. In the end, though, this is not all that interesting - a big problem with paintings that feature circles. That's what I learned today.

1 comment:

Chris Lally said...

Perfect title, Anna!
And I disagree - it IS interesting. Lots of movement and energy!