Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Day 20 - Black and White

Black and White, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", $125

Day 20 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

Two-thirds through already! I've been playing with some pretty bold palettes the last few days, so today I decided to step back and do something in black and white. I love paintings that are black and white or that have just one additional pure hue added to what seems like it should be boring. Done well, these paintings can have the most amazing impact. And, therein lies the rub - doing them well. I think I got a pleasing pattern of lights and darks here with enough movement and variation to make it interesting. This is definitely something that I will continue to work on.

To purchase this painting, please go to Daily Paintworks - click on the icon at right. You can find lots of my other paintings there as well.

No comments: