Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Day 5 - The Lake at Night

The Lake at Night, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", $125

Day 5 - Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

The last two paintigs, although carefully designed to work compositionally, felt stiff to me. So today, I decided to try starting with a concept based in reality and abstract it. Since I love the way Lake Champlain (and any lake and the ocean) looks at night, I decided to start with that. This came out pretty well, but I want to take it a step further (tomorrow). There is a surprising amount of light on a large lake at night even apart from the reflected lights of houses, docks, and boats - and what we think of as white light takes on a variety of colors after dark, especially at a distance.

To purchase this painting, please click on the Daily Paintworks icon at right.

No comments: