Thursday, May 16, 2019

Emerging

Emerging (Work in progress), Acrylic and Collage on Watercolor Paper, 22"x15"

Portraits and Abstracts - Oh My!

This is a sneak peek of a direction I want to explore further. I made this painting during my Joan Fullerton Workshop last month and I am really excited about it. It is not ready for prime time - I have some work to do around the mouth and lower face - but overall, I love the interplay of abstract elements with the features of the woman. I used a bunch of different techniques to get the colors and patterns. Loads of fun!

Open Studio Weekend - May 25 and 26

I will be bringing my new explorations to Open Studio Weekend. It is a great opportunity to see work in progress and share new directions and inspirations. If you have a chance to stop by, please do! I will be set up at Theresa Somerset's studio in Essex Junction, VT. You will get to see Theresa's gorgeous egg art as well. Check out her website, too - www.precisionartstudio.com.

No comments: