Friday, May 17, 2019

Oom Daan

Oom Daan, Acrylic and Collage on Watercolor Paper, 10" x 9"

Collage and Portraiture

I started this painting while in a workshop with Jean Pederson last year. I started with a collage. Then I painted the portrait into the collage, using whatever elements worked and painting out the ones that did not. I then added more collage elements followed by still more paint. This painting still needs a little bit of work, mostly around the mouth and chin. In this painting, the collage papers are handmade - I used acid-free sketchbook paper and acrylic paint.

Open Studio Weekend - May 25 and 26

Open Studio Weekend is coming up fast! I will be a guest at Theresa Somerset's Precision Studio in Essex Junction, VT. Come see her gorgeous egg art and check out my latest artistic explorations while you are there.

No comments: