Monday, May 20, 2019

Three Oranges

Three Oranges, Acrylic on Watercolor Paper, 10" x 9"

Working with Painting Knives

I did this painting a while ago but it is still one of my favorites. It was painted entirely with painting knives. It took me a while to get the hang of painting this way, but I discovered that I really like to do so. Plus I really like the look of the texture and the thick, rich colors. 

Open Studio Weekend - May 25 and 26, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Just a reminder - I will be a guest at Theresa Somerset's Precision Studio in Essex Junction, VT this weekend. Check out her website www.precisionartstudio.com. She will be showing her gorgeous egg art and the myriad techniques she used to create them.

I will be showing my abstracts, portraits, and knife paintings along with some of the techniques and subject areas I am currently exploring. Many of my paintings will be for sale - I will be accepting cash and checks.


No comments: