Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Green Pear

Green Pear, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6"

Disappearing Images

One of things I like to experiment with is the boundary at which one does or does not have enough information to figure out what one is looking at. In this painting, the shadowed side of the pear disappears into the background while the lit side gives us the information that tells us what is going on. Because this pear does not have as many of the curves that a Bartlett pear would have, I needed a stem to provide the extra clue. It was a small thing, but in this case, necessary.

Open Studio Weekend - May 25 and 26, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Stop in to see Theresa Somerset and I at her Precision Studio in Essex Junction, VT this weekend. Theresa will have all her eggs on display while I will be showing my recent paintings. Both of us will have work for sale - she accepts cash, checks, and credit; I accept just cash and checks. 

No comments: