Tuesday, May 21, 2019

North Carolina Woman

North Carolina Woman, Acrylic and Collage on Watercolor Paper, 9"x10"

Collage and Portraiture

I created this painting in a class with Jean Pederson a year ago. I started with a collage, then added paint to create the portrait. As part of the class, we made the collage papers that we used in the paintings, made collages to paint onto, did life-drawing for the subject, and then combined all of those steps into a portrait.

Open Studio Weekend - May 25 and 26, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

I will be a guest artist at Theresa Somerset's Precision Studio in Essex Junction, VT this weekend. If you are in the area, please stop by. We will each have lots of work out for everyone to enjoy. Theresa will be showing and explaining her wonderful egg art (Pysanky) and I will be there with lots of paintings and examples of the areas I am currently exploring .

No comments: