Saturday, May 25, 2019

Portrait of Mom

Mom, Acrylic on Canvas, 10"x8"

Loose and Vibrant!

I have a natural tendency to go tight when I paint. So when I decided to experiment with portraits, I put in a lot of time figuring out how to do it in a painterly fashion (don't you just love that expression?). To that end, I violate pretty much every rule of portrait painting there is, but it works for me. This painting is from an old photo of my Mom.

Open Studio Weekend - May 25 and 26, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Today's the day! Today and tomorrow, I will be at Theresa Somerset's studio in Essex Junction. I have lots of paintings and some works in progress on display so you can see what I have been up to. Theresa has all of her egg art (Pysanky) on display. If you have some time and are in the area, please stop by - we would love to see you!

P.S. We will also have lots of work for sale! Theresa accepts cash, checks and credit; I accept cash and checks.

No comments: