Sunday, January 26, 2014

Some Like It Hot

Some Like It Hot, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $195
Day 26 of the 30 in 30 Challenge.  In today's painting, I switched the hot and cool colors.  I gave the oranges a green under painting and then left the lit sides a bit greenish.  Tough to photo, though.

On another note, I took most of the afternoon off to go on a snowy owl hunt.  There have been lots of sightings of snowy owls around Dead Creek (a wildlife management area about an hour's drive from here), so my husband and I decided to go and see if we could spot one.  We not only saw one, but it decided to come down out of the tree it was in and swoop low over our heads before returning to its perch above the fields.  Wow! What a magnificent bird!

To purchase this painting, click here.

No comments: