Monday, January 6, 2014

This Way and That

This Way and That, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $195
Another garlic painting.  I am "working the composition."  The idea is to experiment with the arrangement of the bulbs, the lighting, the aspect ratio of the substrate (length vs.width), and the colors to find the most interesting compositions.  I like this arrangement, but I think I might try it again with the front bulb more to the right so that more of the rear bulb shows. There's always more to learn.

Today is Day Six of the 30 in 30 Challenge.  Doing the challenge forces me to paint every single day.  I generally paint most days, but I don't always finish what I'm working on, so the challenge is shaking up my habits a bit.  Needing to finish something every day also means revisiting subjects or even working in a series because it takes too much time to create an entirely new design with new subject matter every day. So, this month, I will probably be doing quite a few garlic paintings although I expect to intersperse them with other stuff (like abstracts.)   

To purchase, please go to the 30 in 30 Challenge page on my website.

No comments: