Friday, September 18, 2015

Psychedelic Apples

Psychedelic Apple, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", SOLD

Day 18 of the 30 paintings in 30 Days Challenge - #17 and 18

I have to admit that I am having a hard time staying focused on painting.  Our weather has been a non-stop continuation of the sunniest, hottest days of summer. While Septembers are usually pretty nice, they are also usually cool enough to encourage studio time. But, this year?  This afternoon, I am going to the beach! In Vermont!

That said, I decided I really liked the effect of my last pear and had a lot of fun playing with the broken patterns, so I thought I would play with that concept and technique some more. The painting above is my first try. I love the shape and colors, but my value pattern isn't as strong as I would like.  On the second painting I used more pastel colors for the background with the intention of making the apple pop more - I like that one, too. I will be playing with this some to see where it might lead.

Pastel Apple, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $50
Note: To purchase these paintings, please click here. You will find yourself on my website where you can make your purchase or browse for more paintings.

1 comment:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Neat! I like your exploration and analysis. Enjoying the process is the most important part and these look like fun to do.