Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 7 - Fog at Sea

Fog at Sea, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x20", $150

Day 7 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

This painting is the result of a considerable amount of frustration. I have been working ahead by one day so I could get my posts ready to go in the evening before they were due.  Yesterday, I started this painting - it was originally a vertical painting of trees.  I didn't like it and set it aside. I painted another painting - a 10"x10" painting of wind in the trees in summer.  That one was even worse, so I set that aside, too. Finally, frustrated and tired, I picked up the first painting, turned it on its side, and painted over what I had done earlier. I then walked away. This morning I was able to look at this "start" with fresh eyes and decided it had the feel of a foggy day at the ocean.  I decided to make it a purely abstract painting and went from there.  I rather like this, although it may well get a few tweaks after the challenge is over. So, although I think I got the essence of a foggy day, I went about the process backwards, letting the beginnings of the painting dictate its final direction.

Note: To purchase this painting, please click here.  You will find yourself on my website where you can make your purchase.

No comments: