Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 4 - Low Tide

Low Tide, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x20", $200

Day 4 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

This painting of the Maine coast at low tide turned out to be pretty interesting. In fact it is far more moody than I had planned. I am posting the description I started with below. Some parts I got; others, not so much.  It looks like my ability to focus left town with the rest of me this summer.

I am enjoying the abstraction process even though I think my progress is kind of patchy. By giving up some of the representational aspects of a subject, I seem to tap into a more emotional response to it. I think that is a good thing.  

The Maine Coast


The sky is blue with puffy white clouds. The islands make a ragged silhouette along the horizon with some additional outcroppings closer to shore. The water is blue with bands that are lighter and darker showing the currents and the varying depths. Every now and then you see a colored lobster buoy or boat mooring.  A light wind ruffles the water here and there.

Note:  To purchase this painting, please click here. You will be transported to my website where you can make your purchase.