Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day 2 - Apple

Apple, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", $100

Day 2 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Today's painting is an apple. Apples are so basic that almost anyone can recognize one with the barest amount of visual information.  I like this painting although I think I put in too much of the apple. I will likely try this again with the goal of showing less while still getting the idea of "apple" across.

Apple 




An apple is one of those objects that we learn to recognize from early youth; they are sort of inscribed on our brains so we recognize them with very little information.  I think an apple should be red (I know there are lots of different kinds with lots of different colors); it should be roundish, bigger at the shoulders; and it should have that indentation where the stem is attached.  If I see those things, my mind says, “apple.”

Note:  To buy this painting, please click here. You will find yourself on the September 2015 Thirty Day Challenge page on my website where you can make your purchase. Challenge paintings will be specially priced until the end of the Challenge - at that time, I will make any changes and tweaks that I think are needed and add them to my normal inventory.
 

1 comment:

Elaine Ford said...

I love your blog comments. Those of us who are wordsmiths appreciate the explanation of things. Your deep apple red is very passionate.