Saturday, September 5, 2015

Day 5 - Autumn

Autumn, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 10"x10", $150

Day 5 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

I am discovering that I did not put sufficient constraints on my theme for this challenge.  I am already struggling to come up with a subject each day - live and learn. Today's painting is my response to the beautiful autumn foliage we get to experience here in New England.  No, the trees have not changed yet - thank goodness! I used the following description to define my subject.

Autumn Foliage  



When I think of the glory of autumn foliage, I usually think of a gray day when most of the trees are already bare and a single remaining tree sports a shawl of orange-red. There is something about the misty grayness of a rainy fall day to make the foliage pop with an electric intensity that is completely absent on sunny days. On those rainy days, the bark of the tree is black or nearly so, providing an amazing framework for the orange and red display.

Thank You to All Who Have Commented

I want to thank everyone who has visited and commented so far. I appreciate your thoughts and your support. I know I am not the only one trying and frequently failing to learn and improve in my art, but it's amazing what a difference hearing that makes when I'm in the middle of it. Thank you for your support and for sharing your experiences!  

To Buy This Painting

If you would like to buy this painting, please click here. You will find yourself on my website where you can make your purchase. Please note that I am offering Challenge paintings at a discount for the duration of the Challenge.



No comments: