|Untitled, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", NFS|
I got a little behind in the last few days. In this painting, I started with a concept that didn't have enough meat to it and got stuck. I started with the dark background and the cascading green and yellow shape (reminiscent of draped fabric). Then, although I knew I wanted to go in with orange, I wasn't sure how to tackle it, so I left it overnight. This morning, I added the reds and oranges plus the upper wedge of green. It's actually kind of interesting and I don't know what else to do with it, so I am going to leave it and go on to something else.
The main thing I have discovered with the 30 Day Challenges is that the daily posting requirement gives me permission to do something and then move on rather than engaging in my usual habit of working on something until it is done. The result is that I do much more and I don't get as bogged down if I can't figure something out right away. The other result is that I don't work on larger pieces that require more thought and time. So good and bad.