Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 4 - Land Forms

Land Forms, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $50
Day 4 of the 30 Day Challenge!

In this painting, I combined line work with a cruciform composition. I like the strength of the shapes but I think the overall effect is kind of rigid.  Ironically, the shapes didn't work as well before the lines were added. Also, in this painting the cruciform is very strong and obvious. I'll need to try a similar structure where the cruciform is less pronounced. I'm learning something new every day! There are so many different ways to design a painting.

To Purchase: If you would like to buy this painting, please click here. You will be transported to my web site where you can make your purchase. Alternatively, you can make your purchase via Daily Paintworks (click on the icon at right.)



1 comment:

Sherri Cassell said...

I love the contrast in this painting and the deep rich colors you used.