Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Day 20 - Scarlet Bouquet

Scarlet Bouquet, Acrylic on Crescent Board, 20"x10", $200
Day 20 of the 30 Day Challenge

I got brave today. At 20"x10", this painting is quite a bit larger than my previous paintings (at least this month). I started out by painting a light side and a dark side. Then I added the bouquet of flowers - the bunch started out with a lot fewer flowers than it ended up with. Since that is as far as I had thought through the composition, at that point I got stuck. I went away for a while to think about the box I had made for myself.  After some consideration, I decided I needed more flowers, a solid mass of stems, and I needed to add some of the flower colors into the area at the bottom of the painting. I think I got an interesting result - the flowers are bright and bold, just the thing for a cold, snowy day in January.

To purchase this painting, please click here. You will find yourself on the January 2016 30 Day Challenge page on my website which is set up to handle on-line transactions.

1 comment:

Barb Mowery said...

I like this one a lot!