Monday, January 25, 2016

Day 25 - Spruce Swamp

Spruce Swamp, Acrylic on Gessoboard, 6"x6", $75
Day 25 of the 30 Day Challenge

An abstracted landscape today. I had a ton of fun with this one, not least because everything just fell together. Don't you love it when that happens? I do. I started this painting with an orange under-painting followed by a light gray coat (Payne's gray and white) with some random dark gray brush strokes added. Once that was dry, I went in with a palette knife using yellow, blue, magenta, and Payne's gray shapes, smearing them here and there. Then some adjustments with my squeegee to create trees and reflections.
 Finally, back to the palette knife to create water patterns and tree trunks, and a little dab here and there to finish up. The result - loose, abstract, vibrant. Yay!!!

To purchase:  If you would like to buy this painting, please click here. You will find yourself on the January 2016 30 Day Challenge page on my web site where you can make your purchase.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! Your combination of techniques really resulted in a lovely painting!